Sunday, January 3, 2010

Great-nanny.



Myrtle "Hazel' Cyrus (1910-1992). My great-grandmother died when i was 6. I remember my mom getting the call that she had passed away early one Saturday morning. I also remember her wake. My father, her eldest grandchild, was the apple of her eye and they had a very close relationship until her death. My dad always said she loved me very much as well. There exists a home video from 1986 in which great-nanny is feeding me a bottle as an infant. I love it, ...and her. I remember going to visit her at the nursing home, in the last years of her life, with my nanny, her daughter-in-law, when i was little. I have a vivid memory of great-nanny placing her hand on my stomach and calling me Lorriane, my mother's name, on one of our visits. I cherish that memory and the fact that our life-spans intermingled. (mhc1910.)

No comments:

Post a Comment