Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Late Edwardian Wedding: Joseph and Edna Todt, 1914.


These are my great-grandparents, Joseph Jacob Todt and Edna Mary Hemler on their wedding day. They were married in October of 1914 in Hanover, Pennsylvania. In the first image, Edna is seated next to Joe and their bridesmaid and groomsman stand behind them.
Edna's gown and boots are just lovely and the scans do not do them justice. Her boots are typical Edwardian canvas button-boots with a Louis heel and poined toe. The dress, that appaears to be of satin and lace, is an example of Art Nouveau.

1 comment:

  1. Alison;
    Who are you? This is the earliest picture I've seen of my grandfather and grandmother.
    Since Grandma dies in the early 1940's the only pictures Dad had were later in her life.
    Thanks for making my day. Please stay in touch. The best Email address for me is htodt@intertechsecurity.com
    Thanks;
    Harry Todt

    ReplyDelete